1. The Governments of Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay, the Member States of MERCOSUR,
2. In light of the fundamental principle of respect for democracy and pursuant to the Protocol of Ushuaia on Democratic Commitment in MERCOSUR,
3. Regret the acts of violence committed in the Republic of Ecuador over the past hours, and
4. Welcome the will of the Ecuadorian Government and the representative sectors of the Ecuadorian society to engage in dialogue with a view to restoring order in the country.
5. The MERCOSUR Member States reiterate their support for Ecuador's democratically elected government and President Lenín Moreno, and hope that peace will soon be restored in the country.